Hours of work : 7.5 per week (12pm to 1.30pm)
A member of a team under the direction of the Principal and School Business Manager, to be responsible for ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break:-
- To maintain order during lunchtime and the safe transfer of pupils to and from the dining area.
- To positively encourage good behaviour and table manners, healthy eating and hygiene.
- To assist pupils where necessary whilst they are taking a meal.
- To actively supervise the dining room procedures:-
- carrying of meal to the table
- assisting with the service at the table
- training children in the correct use of cutlery
- clearing and stacking table equipment and serving dishes
- wiping and re-setting tables if necessary
- cleaning up food and water spillages on tables and floors
- To report to the Principal / School Business Manager in the case of absence due to illness.
- To administer first aid in the case of a minor accident acting on the advice of the registered first-aider. Record accidents in the first aid record and report serious accidents to the Principal / School Business Manager.
- Be responsible for organising play activities in the playground or indoors .
- To liaise with the Principal, School Business Manager, Midday supervisor, teaching staff and teaching assistants of the school in dealing with problems arising from pupil behaviour and any other matters of concern.
- To contribute as a member of a team to the ethos and environment of the school .
- To adhere to need for confidentiality at all times.
- To perform such other duties as reasonable correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.