General Information


If a child requires medication but is well enough to attend school, parents/carers should bring the medicine, clearly labelled with the child’s name and class, to the school office.  Consent forms must be fully completed before medication can be administered at school.

Medicines which are to be given three times per day need not be brought to school since they may be administered before school, after school and before bedtime. Medicines to be given four times per day may be brought to school for a midday dose to be given.

Asthma medication should be given to the teacher for safe, accessible storage. The Principal and class teacher should always be informed when a child has asthma and/or needs to have an inhaler in school to enable an appropriate level of care.

Mobile Phones

Children who travel unaccompanied to and from school may carry a phone in case of emergency but once in school, these must stay in their school bag. School has no facilities for storage and can take no responsibility for loss or damage. Any phone brought to school must not be camera enabled - this prevents any possible misuse of images and also tends to limit the value of the phone.

Security arrangements

If anyone other than a parent/carer or their regular, known representative is to collect your child form school, you must advise the class teacher on the morning of the day in question, and prior to collection. Children will not be released to anyone else without such notice.

Complaints procedure

The school hopes that its working partnership with parents means that the natural anxiety that all parents feel about their children’s schooling can be discussed and resolved before it turns into a complaint. But if you wish to make a complaint, please follow the procedure outlined below, which is established good practice.

  • Minor complaints should be dealt with informally via your child’s teacher. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should contact the Principal.
  • Serious complaints should be addressed to the Principal. The complaint will be investigated and a meeting arranged to try to resolve the problem. All complaints will be dealt with as soon as possible.
  • If you feel that the complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily by the Principal, you have the right to complain to the Governing Body (via the Chair of Governors). Your complaint will be heard as soon as possible by the appropriate sub-group of the Governing Body.
  • If you are unhappy with the way the Governing Body has dealt with your complaint you have a further right of appeal to the Director for Children’s Services. In some circumstances you may be able to complain to the Secretary of State for Education and Employment.
  • For complaints about the curriculum and related matters, there are statutory arrangements established under Section 23 of the 1988 Education Reform Act, but these broadly follow the pattern outlined above.

Filming and Photography in school

Please note that the general use of any film or recording equipment (for example, cameras, mobile phones, video cameras, etc) is not allowed in school without permission. Events open to families, (for example Sports Days, Concerts) may be recorded for personal, family use only. Any images or video must not be shared or uploaded to any public domain or social networking site.



Site Translation

We have moved into our wonderful new school!