Our topic for this half term is ‘Holiday’, which focuses on Art, History, Geography, Music, Physical Education, Technology, Science and International.
In Art, we’re finding out:
- about some of the pictures that are used to record holidays
- how we can record our holidays
- about the designs of some holiday souvenirs
In Society, we're finding out:
- how to stay safe on holiday
- what a pilgrimage is
In Geography, we're finding out:
- about the places people go to on holiday
- how they get to their holiday destination
- some of the things people do on holiday
- what people wear on holiday
- how tourism can spoil holiday places
In History, we're finding out:
- about the holidays that we have had in our own past
- about the holidays that our families and other people have had in the past
- what is the same and what is different between holidays in the past and today
- about some of the wonders of the world
In International, we're finding out:
- what is the same and what is different between the lives and home countries of the different children in our class
- how to say ‘hello’ in another language
- about future holidays in space
In ICT, we're finding out:
- how to use mapping software
- how to use ICT to present information
- how to work with text and images
- how to copy and paste text
- how to enter, save, retrieve and revise information.
In RE, we're finding out:
- some ways in which Hindus celebrate Diwali
- how light is used in the Jewish festival of Hannukah
- that light is important in many religions.
If you have any comments or questions about your child’s learning, please get in touch.
Click on 'School Information' above for detailed information about the Year 1 curriculum.