The children in Year 1 continue to show a desire to learn and a determination to develop new skills.
Our current topic, ‘Health’, focuses on Science, History, Physical Education, and International.
In Science, we’re finding out:
- about eating the right foods
- about getting enough exercise
- why our bodies need sleep
- what happens when we are ill
- how germs get inside our bodies
- how to protect our bodies
- about our senses.
In History, we’re finding out:
- about the doctors who discovered medicines
- about diseases from the past.
In Physical Education, we’re finding out:
- how exercise keeps our body healthy
- what activities we can do to stay fit.
In International, we’re finding out:
- why some people don’t have drinking water
- what hospitals are like.
Please discuss with your child the work they do as the term progresses and let them teach you. Talk with them about how we can try to stay healthy by eating the right foods, getting enough sleep, taking exercise and protecting ourselves from germs by good hygiene practices. If you have any comments or questions about your child’s learning, please get in touch.
Click on 'School Information' above for detailed information about the Year 1 curriculum.